Thursday, September 5, 2013

More XC

Sammy's second season of cross country didn't start off so swell. At 22:30, he was somewhat off the leaders. But it was hot, and straight, and flat, and there was no shade.

Nerves before the race?

Talking strategy. Actually, there are some trees back there. The road along these trees was the far stretch in the 5k course.

Ok, I was somewhat surprised by the start, so didn't get a good photo of Sam off the blocks. But he is there. Circled in blue.

Other dads were saying things like "Ok Hunter Fischer Aiden Braiden Kaiden, you're at 12:15, so 8 seconds ahead of pace. Time to kick it in!" As Sam went by, I said "go faasta."

Ugh. One more mile.

Sam chasing some Rigby boy.

Everyone was cheering him on, except me. I was busy.

One last push before the finish line..

A shot calculated to please Emily.

Sam and his Natty. She says "Jeeze you're all sweaty."

2 comments: