We had a gully washer yesterday. I tried to call Jann to pick me up after work, because I heard thunder. Turns out Adam had the phone at his piano lesson, and didn't pick up. So, I started to walk home, but Reed Nielsen was driving by, and I hitched a ride with him. Good thing too, because we got hailed on pretty intensely as we drove home.
When we got home, the gutters were running like crazy.
 |
| Ian/Jack in the water, before it picked up a whole lot of sediment load. |
 |
| There were sheets of water running out of the church parking lot too. |
 |
| Water starting to get murky. Probably from the construction sites just upstream (I mean just up the road). |
 |
| Jack, checking the mail. |
 |
| Rivers starting to form in the hail. |
 |
| Our front walk, afterwards. Looking out from the front door. In a couple of hours, it had all soaked in. |
We got just a tad of water in the storage room, which Adam soaked up with a towel. The Smith building on campus had its entire basement flooded, as did some apartment complexes down town. Like up to the ceiling flooded. Main street was under two feet of water in some places. Some of the housed in Hidden Valley (Hidden Gully) have extensive damage, with boulders coming through windows, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment