Thursday, October 16, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Sam

I drove Sam to Provo, to drop him off at the MTC. He'll spend six weeks there, and then off to Villa Hermosa, Mexico.

Jann stayed home, and didn't cry until after we left.

Heap's Brick Oven. I love their root beer. (But not as much as I love my children.)

Hugs all around.

Special hugs.


Aren't boys supposed to be taller than dads?

Laura putting on a brave face.

Elder Tan was Sam's handler and guide.

Bye Sam. Be good. (Laura was weeping in the car.)

Pete's place of work.

Pete and his buddy Chris, in their cubicle.

After working way too much for two and a half days, Pete took a half day off, and beat the pants off  me at disc golf. Then, Laura bought me a nice ice cream, and we talked about her life for a while. She seems quite happy and excited about school. And then it was off for the drive back home. Now we have a quieter house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment