Saturday, it was cold (45°) with winds maybe not so fast, but plenty stiff. All I had was a rain shell, so I froze. The rest of us were more or less prepared. I don't have any pictures of Friday, but here are a few of Saturday.
Pete's brand new JW, almost ready to fly.
Oops. He had to rip off the fuselage and re-wire the receiver so things would work. The Zagi box, the Spork (V-tail), and Le Fish are also visible in the pile.
Jeff, fully inflated and flying his Moth.
Mark testing the wind.
Trying out a homemade wing suit.
Air mattress.
Paul launching Mark's JW. Not sure how we came off with no photos of Paul flying.
Pete, with his electronics finally sorted.
Straight and true.
If you blow it up, you can sort of see the plane..
Neighborhoods where once there was nothing. Maybe Mark will live here.
Very happy with his maiden flights.
Ok, here is a picture of Paul's plane. He must be up there somewhere flying it, but alas we can't see him.
I flew the Vanderer. It was graceful and pretty, but you can't do too much with it. I did a lot of loops.
Jeff and his unique double-handed launch. Grab that radio quick.
It really would have been more comfortable with gloves on.
Le Fish. I flew the JW, Le Fish, the Spork (for a few seconds before it crashed), and the Vanderer. I never unpacked the Zagi.
We all had way too much fun. Let's do it again next year.













No comments:
Post a Comment