So we were Sam, Angie and Jack with me, and then Scott, Rachel and Eric and Emma.
I started out in the tandem, with Emma, and Jack and Sam each had a single. The rest went in the raft. After a while, we convinced Mark to try the kayak too, so he hopped in. Finally, Angela took a turn in the kayak with me.
When we got to the first big rapid, Lunch Counter, there were photographers, apparently. I got to thinking the next day that they might have a web site. So I googled. And there we were.
Jack was the first through, but he capsized pretty early on, so there were no pictures. Mark and I were next.
Then Sam came.
He hit one of the lateral waves, and was spun left. He tried for a second to get straight again...
...and then say what the hey...
...and went through the rest of Lunch Counter backwards.
The Hearsts and Angie coming last in the raft.
It was a complete scream in the kayaks. I hope they invite us again, when Jann's knee is better.
Then on Saturday, we took the Huishes down the Henrys Fork, from Warm River to the bridge before the reservoir. It was nowhere near as exciting, but very scenic.
We had three tandem kayaks, and two paddle boards.
Jack, getting rid of his paddle, so he could use both hands.
He said it was faster this way.
Mark had the other board.
Jann also gave it a try, and used the single-bladed paddle as a double-bladed. The handle was the other one. It worked sufficiently well.
I think we'll try this float again.












No comments:
Post a Comment