Saturday, February 18, 2012

Adam Gets It

We had most of the family together for Presidents' Day. Emily and Rory would not come. Anyway, we went to Jackson to ski of course. Paul Johnson (my brother Jeff's son) came too. Adam never quite got skiing, so this year has been trying the board. He went to Ski School this year, trying to learn to board. But either the instructors didn't really care, or Adam still wasn't getting it, because all he could really do is leaf on his back edge.

But when we went this time, there were some Subaru guys doing promo stuff, and Jann just happened to notice they were giving away free hour-long one-on-one instructions, so she signed Adam up. And after poking around with his teacher for an hour, he got it.

I didn't get a photo of his instructor, but I did get a photo of his mommy and sister.


Slouching into his heel-side edge.

Coming to toe-side.

Carving around the photographer.

Paul, from about Jack's height.

Unfortunately, I gave Paul the camera.

Paul, Laura, and Adam, saying cheese (or water).

I never did get photos of Jack, Sam and Pete. The big boys took off on the big lifts, and we rarely saw them. Jack stuck around with Brian Murdock, and we barely saw him. But it was a good day, and we made it home safely (just barely), through a blinding blizzard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment