Monday, August 3, 2015

Scoot Camp, and a Visit

Brett couldn't get any more dads to monitor the kids at their scout camp, so he kindly invited Jack, if I would go too. So I went to Little Lemhi for the first time ever.


Jack forgot his chap-stick when he went with the grandparents on Friday a few days before camp. By the time I caught up with him at camp on Tuesday, his lips were cracked and bloody. I scrounged some lip balm, and he got better with time..

One of the little rituals they do at Little Lemhi is a morning flag ceremony, and a skit competition. The staff would give a phrase they wanted in the skits for the next morning, and each troop would come up with something appropriate. The first one I attended, the phrase for the next day was announced as "One ring to rule them all." The troop that came up with the best implementation of that phrase got to take the Spirit Stick back to camp for the day, and decorate it.

On the way back to camp after the meeting, one of the scouts said that there was a toilet seat that someone had broken off a potty somewhere, and that toilet seats are the one ring that rule us all. So they dragged it to camp, washed it up some, and this is the result:


Truly.

The staff laughed so hard, they gave us the Spirit Stick to keep for a day. I lashed the seat to the stick of course.


Jack trying to catch up with Brian on the waterfront.


The next day, the troop showed up with the one ring strapped on to the Spirit Stick.


Jack, ready to leave camp on Friday, after sort of earning 8 merit badges.


When we got home, the Briggs family and Kim were here. We had a fine float trip with them at Warm Slough, and a nice visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment