Jarom Schill came too.
Trudging up Face is such a slog. Here we are most of the way to the meadow. Jack and Em took a little spur to see the sights, before resuming the climb.
Resting. See in the background how steep it is? We're basically going straight up that.
The meadow at the top was in bloom. Em couldn't wipe her silly grin off her face.
Resting again.
Almost there. Table Rock is to the left there, and the Grand is just peeking up.
This was Jarom's first time. He wanted to go faster than the rest of us.
It was raining ever so slightly, and I got droplets on my lens. We had a nice lunch, but before I got any shots of us with the Grand,it clouded over, and got cold, and started to rain harder, and when I picked up my trekking poles, they sizzled with electricity. We chickened out at this point and dashed off the rock.
Jack, looking small.
Doesn't look too dark up there, but I was sceered of lightening.
On the way down.
Pumping water.
Jumping rocks.
It was gorgeous and muy entertaining, and Em had a blast.













Let's do it again!!!
ReplyDelete