Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Zeus and Moses

 Sam planned out a fine overnight backpacking trip for us, to Zeus and Moses, in Canyonlands NP. We spent the day Thursday, driving around Arches NP, car camped that night, and hiked into Z&M Friday. It was gorgeous weather for a hike, and good company.

This was the first time to really test out my new camera, since I drowned the old one. I think it does quite well.

Toots, chillin' on our tour of Arches.

Sam, helping his mommy down a rock face.

O Day! O righteous day!

Laura and Adam, masked up.

Two goofs at Double Arch

Delicate Arch, and bowl.

There were scads of people, including a junior ROTC group.

Mesa Arch.

Jack, all equipped.

Feeling it.

Luncheon: Adam with apple.

Fake selfie.

We started at Alcove Spring, and had a 1000 ft scramble down to the canyon bottom. I only almost fell over the edge once. Everyone else has knees that function.

Hiking along the creek bed.



Arriving at the towers.

Camping on the wash.

I couldn't convince anyone that these are actually fossilized dinosaur footprints.

Laura, waiting for supper.

Cross-country bocce. How many balls can you see?

Jack, laying one up.

Sunset.

Hiking back out on Saturday.


Resting before the scramble back up.

We had a great time, and missed the Petes and the Ems.


No comments:

Post a Comment