I built my latest foam plane with a wood fuselage and wing tips, because they are the parts that get bashed to pieces on landings. When I got finished with it, it weighed almost 100 oz. I wasn't sure it would actually fly. My last one was only 60 oz.
The fin and aft fuselage. I made the wing removable, so in a crash, it would simply break the Nylon bolts, and pop apart. Hope it works as planned.
The wing bolted in to the fuse.
I took it to Grandma and Grandpa's to maiden it because I knew that it would go up there. The hill in Idaho falls is harder to launch from, but this hill you can basically just drop it, and it will dive until it gets flying speed.
... which it did. It flew beautifully.
Here it comes. You may have to click here to see the larger version.
Even Sam flew it. Now he just needs to finish his own plane.
No comments:
Post a Comment