Sunday, June 8, 2014

Soccer and Sheep

We've had the Briggs family visiting over the weekend. They took us on a cute little hike to Sheep Falls, on the Henrys Fork, above Ashton. But first, we watched Jack play his last soccer game of the season. As their coach said, they won their first game that wasn't against girls.

Jack (left), and his team before the game. Teir coach is saying that even though they lost to these guys earlier, they could, conceivably, win this time. Maybe.

Jack sat out the first quarter, so Jann just played Hearts, and Adam slept. 

Isaac saying Let me kick that thing, and Jack sayin No.

I don't know if jack is the best goalie on his team, but he can boot it furthest. We've practiced.

Fortunately that was out.

I made Sam be line judge. I could see the ref casting his eyes about for a likely volunteer, so I pointed to Sam. He was a fantastic line judge. (Best ever.)

Carlos booting a corner kick to Jack. 

Carlos' relatives were giggling through most of the game, especially when someone wildly missed the ball trying to kick it. I went up to them and said Es como FIFA, no? Casi. World-class soccer. 

Jack had a couple of shots on goal. On bounced on the goal post and bounced straight back out again. At the end of the game, he got a beautiful pass, and sprinted for the goal. 


Here's his boot. 

And there it goes, straight past the goalie and in. Just after the whistle blew ending the game. So they didn't count it as the fifth score, and they won 4-1.

I never did get a photo with Sam not sucking on his Capree Sun.

Our Sam saying Nice job dude.

Sheep Falls, and lunch.

Heidi, negotiating the basaltic boulders. 

Jared, Calvin, and Andrew. Calvin has sharks on his glasses.

Jack watching.

Sam pulling a Rory. Nice round hole in a rock.

Adam, contemplating.

Heidi's sister Heather, and her girls came too. As did Fido.

At Upper Mesa Falls.

Adam showing us his bum.

Andrew, back home.

1 comment: